Using Citrix Provisioning Services to create virtual desktops for XenDesktop the error:
“VMware vSphere has no available templates defined”
could appear. This error occurs when Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) checks VMware vCenter to find any templates, but PVS only looks at storage locations selected within XenDesktop. If the location where your virtual machine template is stored is not added to XenDesktop, the error above occurs.
To add the storage location to XenDesktop follow the following procedure:
1) Open XenDesktop Desktop Studio
2) Click on Configuration
3) Click on Hosts
4) Click on a host below Name
5) Check under Storage if the location where the template is defined is added to the list. If not, there are two options. A) Move the template to storage configured in XenDesktop. B) Add the storage
6) To add the storage using XenDesktop, click on Add Storage
7) Select the storage location where the Virtual Machine template exists
8) Close the wizard
9) Run the Citrix Provisioning Services XenDesktop Wizard again
Can’t get the solution to work? Contact me and let me do the trick.